Important Information for ALL League Secretaries
Making things work betterWe need your assistance in making your NCUSBCA Board of Directors work the best for you and your bowlers. Please tell your bowlers that board members are always available to assist the bowlers and league by answering their questions and helping with their needs! If you want to have an association board representative attend one of your league organizational or regular meetings please invite us. We are here to assist you and we don't charge a fee, EVER. Ask your bowlers to attend the Annual Open Meeting. We need to know what they are thinking and what they would like to see happen. If they do not speak up, how can their voices be heard?
Information for the 2021-2022 seasonThe following links will assist league officers understand what they are responsible for to the members of their leagues. Link 1. Link 2.
Duties of a League SecretaryAll league secretaries please review USBC Rule 102e (Duties of the Secretary) in the USBC Playing Rules. If you do not have a copy of the USBC Playing Rules, you can download one HERE. A quick snapshot of rule changes for the 2021-2022 season can be viewed HERE. There are also mobile copies for use on your Android, Apple and Windows devices. If you do not have access to the Internet please contact any Board member so we can get you a paperback copy. The following link will take you a USBC page that can answer almost every question you may have (HERE). In addition, the League Operations Handbook is a great resource.
The following 6 items are VERY important to everyone involved:
- League Certification application: Please ensure that you specify the correct Lane Condition Designation (Sport, Challenge, or Standard/House) on your league certification application (based on definitions in USBC Rule 200a). A summary of new USBC Rule changes can be found in the 2021-2022 USBC Playing Rules book.
- Please ensure that EVERYONE who bowls in your league fills out a membership card and that the correct dues are collected.
The membership card MUST be completed and turned PRIOR to completion of the bowlers 3rd game, regular as well as Subs. If their score is counted, a membership card MUST be completed (as per USBC rule 100a).
A bowler that is not certified can result in those games being forfeited.
- ALL membership cards and League Certification applications MUST be submitted to the Association Manager within 30 days of the start of the league, or the member joining the league.
- Please submit all awards to the association manager within 20 days of the bowler's achievement (as per USBC rule 51e).
- Please submit ALL bowler averages to the Association Manager as soon as your league finishes. As of August 1, 2019, USBC Rule 102e (Item 9) REQUIRES that averages be reported to the Association Manager within 15 days of the completion of your league. Note that games bowled for Sweepers and Position Rounds must be included in the computation of the bowlers average.
- As per USBC Rule 13; All individuals (under the age of 18) bowling in an Adult league or tournament MUST complete a Consent Form. In addition, if a youth bowler is approved to bowl in an Adult league, Officers must complete the Registerd Volunteer Program (SafeSport Trained and a background screening through NCSI). All participants 18 and older, must complete SafeSport Training prior to the next league session. ALL Adult bowlers in the league MUST be SafeSport compliant.
Cost of USBC Membership for the 2021 - 2022 season has not changedThe dues/fee for USBC Adult Standard Membership for the 2021 - 2022 season is $25.00 for Adults ($13 National, $2 State, and $10 local).
For Youth, the dues/fee is $11.00 ($4 USBC, $7 awards & expenses). Local Association fees for ALL Non NCUSBC members are $10.00 for Adults and $5.00 for Youth. Please be sure your league members pay the correct amount.
All members of the Board of Directors want to find ways to improve the flow of information to League Secretaries and association Members.
We are offering the option for League Secretaries and all NC USBC Members to sign up to receive e-
And, NO, we WILL NOT share/give/publish/divulge your email address. This is STRICTLY for us to get Association information to you and YOU to get information to us.
Contact usThe ENTIRE North County USBC Association Board of Directors looks forward to another exciting year. We are here to serve ALL the Bowlers of our Association. All day. Every day. If we can be of any assistance, please contact a member of the Board. Contact information for all Board members is available Here. Just click on the name of the person you wish to contact and send them an email. Or, if you see us in your center/league, say hi and tell us what is on your mind.
Your North County USBC Association Board of Directors